What a wonderful morning it is.I even have a party to attend today,cool yeah!!!!!
Well you can’t always trust those parties so I have to give my stomach a little headstart before the party.
This morning I’ll be making beans pudding or as you know it moi-moi.Yeah I can feel the excitement too.
So we’ll be going through how to make that moi-moi that we love so much.Here we go.This one was made for the whole house so measurement may differ
- 5 cigar cups of beans
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 big onions
- 20cl vegetable oil
- 2 litres of cool or warm water
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 medium sized smoked fish
- Rodo and Bawa pepper
- Ginger and garlic
- Stock if available
- Maggi and seasoning
- Moi moi leaves
Now how did I cook it????
- Wash and peel the beans very very well.You can do that multiple times to be sure.
- Slice the onions and put in the same container as the beans
- Do the same for the pepper,ginger and garlic.
- Now let’s grind!!!!.Grind the content of the container till there are no lumps
- Feel the texture of the grinded beans.Add water until you are satisfied with what you feel.If not,add warm water to mix it
- Now add salt
- Add maggi
- Normally I’ll boil the eggs but this time around I just broke the eggs into the mixture
- Mash the smoked fish and add into the pudding.
- Add stock.
- Mix well
- We want to make sure that the mixture isn’t too thick or too watery.
- Chop the cooked liver and add.
- Thyme n curry to will follow suit
- Mix very well.
- Prepare the moi moi leaves
- Make sure not to lose the stem of the leaves as this would serve as base in the pot to avoid the leaves from burning
- Put the pudding into the leaves and place in the pot
- Add enough water
- Keep a few leaves to serve as cover for the pot to stop the stem from escaping.Now cover the pot.
- Check back in 45 minutes to see if it is done
- Breakfast is served
Eat it with whatever you want to.Bread?Pap?I even at one time ate it with yam.
Honest reviews please