Ila means Okra in English and alasepo means mixed. So ila alasepo is mixed okra soup. Normally okra should be served with stew but in this case the ingredients for the stew would be used in making the Okra soup.
There are many different ways to cook ila alasepo but I would be sharing how to prepare it with these ingredients
- 2 cups of okra
- Tatashe and rodo(finely minced)
- Smoked fish
- Bitter leaf
- Palm oil
- Salt and Maggi.
How to prepare it :
- Grate or chop the okra.
- Prepare snail and cook for about 5 minutes and set aside.
- Place pot on medium heat and add palm oil into the pot.
- Allow to heat.
- When it is heated enough add minced Tatashe and rodo and allow to fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add washed and chopped bitter leaf into the pot.
- Stir well and allow to fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add smoked fish into the pot.
- Add cooked snail into the pot.
- Add salt and Maggi.
- Add enough water and allow to boil for about 7 minutes.
- Add okra.
- Stir well and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Ila alasepo can be served with semi,Eba, Amala or whatever you want to eat it with.
What do you think? Did you try it out?
Is there some other way it can be made?