This is a very common breakfast in many Nigerian homes.
What you need:
- A tuber of yam
- 6 eggs
- Blended tomatoes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Vegetable oil
- Seasoning cube
- A pinch of curry
How to make it:
For the yam:
- Slice the yam and peel the skin off.
- Rinse in clean water.
- Put sliced yam in a pot, add enough water just to cover the yam.
- Add salt and place pot on medium heat and cook.
- After about 20 minutes, test with a fork. If the fork goes through, then the yam is soft enough.
- Drain water from the yam.
For the egg:
- Break eggs into a mixing bowl, beat till egg white and egg yolk are well mixed.
- Add salt and seasoning cube, then beat to combine well with the eggs. Set it aside.
- Place frying pan on medium heat and add vegetable oil, heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add sliced onions and blended tomatoes and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add curry and a little salt.
- Stir to combine ingredients with the sauce.
- Add eggs to the sauce and leave for about a minute, then stir to form a scramble.
Serve eggs with yam.
Is there anyway it could have been better, let me know.
Also don’t forget to follow @Timskitchen_ on instagram.