I had already eaten breakfast in the morning,now it was time for lunch.I went to the kitchen and all I could see were the finely washed pots and plates in the sink.I decided to check what was in the cabinet and found a can of green peas and corned beef.WHAT WILL I DO WITH THIS?Well I guess thats what we have google for.I checked up what I could do with a can of green peas and corned beef and I came up with this delight I am sure you too will enjoy.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 (12 ounces) can corned beef, chunky-style
- ½ cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat about 2 tablespoons oil. Add potatoes and cook until lightly browned. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until limp.
- Add corned beef and water and bring to a boil, breaking meat into smaller pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover, lower heat and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add sweet peas. Continue to cook until peas are heated through and liquid is mostly reduced. Remove from pan.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and corned beef mixture. Stir until combined.
- In an oven-safe skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and swirl around skillet to coat. Add egg-corned beef mixture and cook until edges begin to set. Transfer skillet into a 385 F oven and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until top is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to stand for about 1 to 2 minutes. To serve, slice into wedges.
To finish on the stove instead of the oven, lower heat, cover and continue to cook until set.